Below is a listing of all the lost pets in Blaine County.
If the pet you have found is listed below, please click on the pet’s image for contact information.
If you are able to safely house the animal while you wait for a guardian to come forward follow these steps:
1. File an online found report by clicking here with ASWRV so that we can connect a guardian with you when they call. If you choose this option, we encourage you to bring the animal to the shelter to be scanned for a microchip and to be photographed for the website.
2. Many forms of ID tags are traceable so please alert the ASWRV representative to any ID, vaccination or microchip tag you see. If we are able to identify the animal remotely by researching an ID tag, and you elect to retain the animal while we locate the guardian, a photograph of the pet can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org in a jpeg format.
3. Flyers placed in your neighborhood can aide in reuniting a pet with his/her guardian as well as posting on Craigslist under the lost/found community page. Click here for a template: http://www.adoptapet.com/blog/free-and-easy-template-lost-or-found-pet-flye…
If you need the animal to be housed at the shelter:
During business hours: 10-6 Monday-Friday 10-4 Weekends
Do not leave an animal at the shelter outside of these hours, instead you should contact law enforcement. The numbers are listed below.
1. Drive the animal to the shelter located at 100 Croy Creek Road, Hailey, ID. Be prepared to report landmarks or crossroads where the animal was found.
2. If you cannot transport the animal, contact your local law enforcement agency to transport the animal for you Because county leash and licensing laws do not apply to cats, law enforcement agencies will not transport a cat to the Animal Shelter of the Wood River Valley unless the cat is sick or injured.
Animals are held for a period of five days before they become property of the Animal Shelter of the Wood River Valley.
If you know where an animal listed might be, call (208) 788-4351 or visit the shelter at 100 Croy Creek Road, Hailey, ID. Please have the animal ID number and photo handy.
If the animal is found outside of business hours, call your local law enforcement agency.
If you have a picture to post for one of these animals, please send it along with the animals’ ID number to email@example.com
Image files should be jpeg format, 320 pixels wide X 240 pixels tall. If you have a picture in a different format, go ahead and send it and we’ll do the best we can to post it.